TUI Tours Japan Unmasked 2021
New – Japan Unmasked – explore the best of what Japan has to offer with this incredible 14 day tour with TUI!
Japan is home to some of the most famous landmarks in the world and this tour will let you experience many of them for yourself. See the iconic Mount Fuji, be enchanted by the bowing wild deer of Nara, visit the thousands of red ‘tori’ gates of Kyoto’s Fushimi Inari Shrine, taste traditional Japanese cuisine, be awed by the breathtaking views from the 634m high Tokyo Skytree – and so much more! These tours are new for 2019, and dates during cherry blossom season are available for 2021.
Sounds like your sort of holiday? Click here to find out more.
This tour includes:
- Flights to Tokyo Narita International Airport from a range of departure airports
- Airport coach transfers, train and mini bus transfers
- 8 hotels of 4* standard
- 13 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner
- 18 experiences
- Local TUI Tours English speaking tour guides
- More dates added! 2020 dates – 14th March, 1st April, 8th April, 11th April, 6th May, 27th May, 9th September, 7th October.
- Small tour group sizes
- Travel on the bullet train at 200 miles per hour
- See the 3776m high Mt Fuji
- Experience traditional rural Japan in Hida Folk Village
- Itsukushima Shrine which appears to float on the water
- Kinkakuji Temple – known as the Golden Pavilion for its incredible golden walls
- The massive metropolis that is Tokyo, and its amazing shopping scene
- Day 1 – Fly to Tokyo
- Day 2 – Transfer to hotel and free time in Tokyo
- Day 3 – Tour Tokyo’s Sensoji Shrine in Asakusa, see incredible views from the observation deck of the Tokyo Skytree, and visit Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Day 4 – Visit one of Mount Fuji’s observation stations and have a traditional Japanese dinner with fresh fish and sake
- Day 5 – Tour of Takayama, visit the picturesque Matsumoto Castle, tour of a traditional sake brewery
- Day 6 – Shop at Takayama’s open-air market, experience traditional rural Japan in Hida Folk Village, free time in Shirakawago
- Day 7 – Tour Shirakawago a UNESCO-protected mountain village, stroll through Kenrokuen Garden
- Day 8 – Learn more about the samurai in Kanazawa, try fresh fish at Omi-cho fish market, then travel by bullet train to Hiroshima
- Day 9 – Learn the history of Hiroshima with a visit to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum and the Atomic Bomb Dome, followed by a boat trip to Itsukushima Shrine
- Day 10 – Take the bullet train to Shin-Osaka, visit Kasuga Taisha Shinto shrine, and see the bowing wild deer in Nara
- Day 11 – In Kyoto see the thousands of red gates at Fushimi Inari Shrine, photograph the gold-gilded Kinkakuji Temple, and visit Kiyomizu Temple, with free time in Kyoto in the afternoon
- Day 12 – Free time in Kyoto in the morning, followed by the bullet train from Kyoto to Odawara Station
- Day 13 – Take a relaxing cruise on Lake Ashi in Hakone, then take a cable car up Owakudani Valley, and experience a Japanese Izakaya – Japan’s answer to the pub
- Day 14 – Fly back to the UK
The perfect time to tour Japan
There has never been a more perfect time to tour Japan as it is more tourist friendly than ever before. What’s more TUI Tours offers the perfect tour dates – see the world famous cherry blossoms in bloom during March / April / May , or see the vibrant colours of Japan’s autumn foliage in September / October . Book now!